Sunday, April 17, 2011

What Made My April

As I write this down, I'm on a morning coffee indulgence. The past months, I have stopped infusing my system with caffeine and so, I just do that whenever I get the weekend mornings off. The month's almost halfway through; likewise, there are some things that have highlighted my April (well, that's of course aside from acquiring Bogs) such as these:


My brother JR finally graduated from FEU with a degree in advertising arts last April 14th. Being the doting ate, from shelling off allowance for his extra-curricular stuff (read: gimik Lol) I'm now consulted by him again for job hunting tips. Welcome to the real world, bru!


I scored some feathers for my cap again. Just before the weekend and another bout with migraine, I had to attend the awards and recognition day at work. I was actually hesitant after realizing that I did not make it to the cut to the final three (because I landed fourth :-p) but well, while it's not the moment yet, I was awarded these thingamajings -- including a certificate excellence for a commendation I received last March 30th.

And I am into books, books and books. While I had to say goodbye to three titles in my little library that went to charity for the office book drive, I recently bought two titles to indulge in. Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go and Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish Mr. Ishiguro's book as I'd like to think I felt all too tired with the long journey and tiny font styles given the additional fact that the time I was mixing reading and working at the office at the same time. It was also hard for me to go through imagineering (thanks for that word Steven Spielberg) a love triangle between three clones (go read the book to find out how). But while I stopped at chapter 16, I will plan to reread the whole thing again once I finish the current book.

Sunday's at Tiffany's on the other hand is by so far, one of the best books I have read to date. While I am a bookworm by heart, not all novels to me are appealing (except for Nicholas Sparks's A Walk to Remember and Jude Devereaux's A Knight in Shining Armor). After all, I don't just read. I paint portraits and images and travel with my mind through the books that I read. I'm really enjoy the adventure I am getting -- from traveling through another country to painting a portrait on my head as to what Michael could look like.

I'm halfway in reading the book. And I don't mind staying up for a few hours late at night as the book's too addicting. For real. But I'll have to put the book down first as I've got to go to church later.

No comments: