Words from That Job Interview

I reported to the interview and my class tonight with a feeling that I never slept at all. I guess I was too overwhelmed with all the things going inside my head; teaching, and a prospect of having that dream job that I have been waiting for three years hopefully coming true. I got the call that I have been patiently waiting for for weeks at 5:22 pm Feb.26 on my way to my part time job. The panel interview happened this afternoon with the editors. 3 bubbly girls from different magazines were there talking to me about lots of things -- including the job and the scope of it. One of the ladies was Frances. I quite knew her because I have been reading her blog. I used to see her in her blog, Topaz Horizon and in the magazine Marie Claire with her article I Proposed to My Man published in June 2007. She's really beautiful; the same beautiful girl wearing a gorgeous wedding gown in the magazine. When she asked me about the magazines of Summit Media that I read, she asked me why Cosmo, and when she knew that I also read Smart Parenting and Good Housekeeping while the two other editors were asking me if I am already a mom, and things like that. But I told her these:
"That's the irony of it. There are times that I also think that why in the world am I doing this. While those women my age are reading Cosmopolitan or Seventeen I on the other hand already reads Smart Parenting and Good Housekeeping."

 To which I received this reply from her:

"Subconsciously you want to get married, have kids and be a mother."
And she's right with that. (sigh!) And as to the proposing thing, she gave me a piece of advice:
"Try to give him a game console (aka PS3) and he won't say NO.".
I had undergone three steps to the fulfillment of my lifelong dream of working with them. I'm taking things one step at a time and armed with my prayer of thanks and petition to St. Jude, I'm hoping and praying for a positive response. A positive YES to something that I have long been waiting for. And I hope that this is part of God's Plan for my life.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.