Week Two: A Casualty of an Abrupt Separation

Today marks Day 15 of the Enhanced Community Quarantine. Two weeks of staying at home and three weeks of being away from the confines of the office.

I am still trying to stay productive from my end and my planner could somehow prove it. In the last fifteen days, I have just tried going around thrice but with a legitimate reason, that is to procure supplies and food and do some quick bank errands. Honestly, this current situation has inflicted me with some paranoia. I somehow fear to leave the house and be questioned why I am out. But so far, in the last three instances, I have yet to experience such fear.



I have been out of the office and away from work for three weeks now. And just when I thought my worry was all there is, I got notified through a phone call last Thursday that I only have 30 days at work as my boss decided to terminate my current Contract of Employment and this current pandemic is among the reasons. For a moment, this came as a huge blow. But somehow, I expected this would happen. Given the current situation and the drastic effect this problem has caused, I sensed that this would come too. The fact that this issue calls us to stay home for a month just to safeguard our health and well-being, it would mean crippling a business because we would be away for a month. And being understaffed is not a good thing for any business.

Maybe you're thinking, how come I could still be cool about this. Don't get me wrong. Part of me still is scared. After eight years of being with the same organization, I am suddenly unemployed. This would mean having to try to manage my money more efficiently. I am afraid too because this meant having to go back to step one, do the legwork and start over from the bottom.

It just felt disappointing that we in the team were unable to do or say farewell to everyone formally. The next time we will see each other will be just to clear our desks, retrieve our unclaimed stuff and process our exit clearance. But in a way, I was able to accept this situation calmly because I already have plans of filing my resignation eventually. I also wanted a career change after feeling that my life has been becoming stagnant and I don't want to be in that kind of situation forever. It's just that I find it difficult to decide so I have yet to do it. Until this happened.

I found it difficult to decide so God decided for me. I know I am left with no other choice but to start somewhere and right now, fear should not have any place in me whatsoever. I started working on things that need to be done to "start the ball rolling." And as I do, I also pray that once this pandemic is all over and things start returning to normal, God will replace the job that I had to lose with something better. 


  

1 comments

  1. Hi Glaiza! This kind of news, eto yung sana, wish ko na hindi mangyari. Your an asset to your company. I think they'll have their own share of problems too. But more than the work, I feel that you also value un friendships turned family. I still can't imagine how will we be okay again. But I love your parting works. Always, on the optimistic side pa din.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.