Two Years, Nine Months

That falls exactly on this day, and you may ask what was that for.

Well, that stands for the length of time when I got my freedom. The length of time as a single  Yup, for the longest time, it's what I have always looked forward to when the 18th day of each month comes.

Each month. For 33 months. I have to admit that while the first few months were hard to face the pain just got fed up of me because for trying (hard) to ignore it, it fully subsided when I reached the second year. Back then, whenever this particular day arrives, it's a roller coaster of emotions running inside. Now, call it weird,but lately reaching this day is like a milestone.

Especially when that comes and I'd find myself dateless. That's like a clean slate.

Now, I know some of you may call me pathetic for what I've written. Some too, may say I'm kind of a sociopath but let me explain. My decision to stay single is not out of bitterness; to go solo happened first by chance and eventually, by choice. It was something I made out of my own will -- and probably one of the most difficult but the best decision I had made. I cannot remove friends from the picture who'd urge me every now and then to hop in and join the in a relationship bandwagon. Quoting the late Steve Jobs, "as with all the matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it".

I still believe that finding someone for everyone is a law of the universe. I know that there will come a point when I will eventually find one for me. On the topic of prolonging this state until January next year? Why not? I'm thinking of staying this way up to three years (at least :-p)


0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.