Of Big Days and Answered Prayers

After what had been a long, busy 18 days, I get to sit down and write. Likewise, things related to work had kept my hands tied up, then there was that long November holiday weekend which I spent for errands and bonding time with the family then came my big day.

My birthday was a great one. I had a blast and so far, this has been my best birthday. I celebrated some "firsts". Last Monday, one of my wishful thought of celebrating my big day in the office as someone who's employed (and full time at that) was fulfilled. It never dawned on me that this was about to happen until a couple of days before. Incidentally, last Monday also happened to be my 8th month in the firm and my boss was generous enough to allow me to have the rest of the afternoon all to myself to attend to some appointments and to celebrate.

Photo: Google Images
Some things are worth the wait. Believe it. I've been saying that line for a lot of times. On my special day, this proved to be true -- because God answered my prayer. Aside from those mentioned above, I actually had a "real wish". While I've known myself to seek refuge in prayer for a lot of reasons, it was during this time that I found myself doing something different -- I was more specific with what I was praying for.

But it's not just that. At one point, I came across Eliza Wilson's article about The 7 P's in Prayer and thought of applying it to what I've been doing.
Patient- We all want to get what we prayed for. But God answers prayers in three ways -- YES, NO and WAIT. In my case, He opted to let me wait before revealing to me the best answer which was eventually a YES.
Perseverent I prayed fervently for my wish not for days or weeks, but for 3 months. And I did not mind doing that repeatedly; because it was during those quiet moments in prayer too that I found solace.
Personal- Use your own words when you pray. Describe how you feel in an honest and straightforward way. The strength of a prayer is not measured in what you say, but in how you say it and in how you feel.   
PowerfulWhen I first let out what I wanted, I admit I had both the doubt and fear that God will not grant it at all. But the truth is, as we learn how God works, as we learn to distinguish His voice among the confusing whispers of this world, we also learn to rely on Him. It's all about three things: FAITH, TRUST and above all, LOVE.
Passionate- It means putting your heart and soul into something. You can’t be cold-hearted in prayer. God sometimes wants us to take risks. For unless we try, we will never really know.
 ProfoundA profound prayer can be a prayer reflecting your most hidden inner feelings.
PositiveWe don’t know the complex mechanisms of this universe and how it all works. But we do know there is a balance between good and evil, between positive and negative. God doesn't ask us to understand. But He does want us to stick to the positive side. In the course of three months that I was praying, there were moments when I'd just feel my wish won't come true. But it was at that same time when something would remind me to BELIEVE IT WILL HAPPEN. IT REALLY WILL.
In a way, it was all about believing, praying and working on it that made things happen. Funny but a few days ago, I was telling someone, "that line in the movie when Bea said not because you want it, you'll get it is wrong. It's completely Hollywood :-p"

Because God's Will is what is in your deepest desire. And if Divine Providence intervenes, you do really get what you pray for.



0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.