September Snippets and Surprise Annoucements

The rain outdoors tonight is so inviting. I thought of finally catching up with a few updates because I realized two things just now: One is that September only has some days left before coming to a close, and two is that I have been silent and away from this safe space for almost a month now.

Well, aside from an anticipated wedding happening in a month, .a lot of things and concerns have been running in my head lately. And as much as I hate to admit, I felt lazy to write any "proof of life post" because of it and rather preferred resorting to silence and temporarily leaving a few things undone. 



Despite being unseen on this blog, I want to think my social life is still existent. A day after this "ber" month began, one of my friends, Jonathan celebrated a life milestone: His 40th birthday. The last time we had this outdoor birthday celebration was back in 2018, and now that some restrictions are easing, I opted to bring them to Hiraya Restaurant which has been a frequent hangout place that I love to visit since discovering it through my friends, Kim and Beth.


While I've known Jonathan since I was 19, I  wasn't sure when this group celebration for his birthday really started. But it has become a tradition. This was our post dinner mandatory birthday photo while waiting for the coffee that we ordered from Trabi Cafe. We really made the most of this celebration because while the three of us were able to meet up for his birthday last year, it was just a simple gesture of visiting me at home because they were newly-vaccinated. Nothing grand, so this time we decided to somehow make up for what we were unable to do in 2021. 


Art exhibits are among that events that I've been visiting lately. This is one of the two art-related events I attended this months just days after Jonathan's birthday. Art to the Max not only served a chance for me to reunite with one of my former professors, Ma'am Maureen Piñon. The said event also presents artworks of talented Fine Arts students from my alma mater.



Speaking of Fine Arts students, the other reason I decided to drop by the said exhibit was to support two of its participants, Ronald Solomon and Jed Rodriguez. I have known both Ronald and Jed through my former publication adviser, Ma'am Cez Villegas from last year when I needed someone to do the artwork for the project that I was doing. Having seen their artworks (and even owning one done by Jed), I can attest how gifted these two really are.  


This month somehow gave my Kdrama fangirl heart a reason to get giddy and happy because after postponing it for almost three years, this long-overdue fan meet event is finally going to happen! Most of my friends do know how much I am a fan of Ji chang-wook after watching most of his dramas when COVID 19 was at its peek in 2020. And now that this even will take place, I guess I'll try to use my YOLO card for once, and try to live the life of Her Private Life's female lead Sung Deok-mi, as a fangirl even for a day. After all, just like my friend, Miguel once told me, "life is short so do something crazy!". Never mind if I could possibly become a temporary Puritang Tita, if I know at least that I'll be paying for an experience that my old self will eventually thank me for doing!

While I failed to tick off a few things on my list for this month (such as being unable to visit the MIBF this year!), I guess my month, despite being quiet, was far from being boring after all. I just hope that there will be interesting things bound to happen with the last three remaining months left for 2022. At least in case that happens, I'd be able to say I ended the year a remarkable one.

Oh, and just a final note, if you're thinking about pressing that panic button after reading the s of start of this post, I am not getting married in a month -- but suggestions and possible prospect recommendations that will lead to that are welcome.
 


0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.