A Spark of Hope in a Song

Weddings have become a staple occasion in our household. Not because I've got family members getting hitched but primarily because of my brother's occupation as a freelance video editor. Right next to our house is his studio where he spends his time mostly editing weddings shot for clients and partners. Most of them are with established names in the industry. 

Just last week, the highlights of this much talked about wedding of Heart Evangelista to Senator Chiz Escudero made buzz in the news and why wouldn't it? As for me, I found myself around Wednesday night at the comfort of my bedroom with my one-year old niece watching the highlights of their wedding as captured by the lens of wedding cinematographer, Bob Nicolas and his team.


Video from Bob Nicolas Wedding Films

The event exudes mostly elegance not to mention the heartwarming (and partly funny) part of wedding vows. But what got me hooked (apart from getting teary eyed with the vows) was the music that they've used in the wedding video. I was caught in awe with how Johnoy Danao crooned his song Buntung-Hininga. Just listening to the lyrics were more than enough to get me hooked I was literally bitten by the Last Song Syndrome for days.


Sa dinami-daming tao sa mundo
May nag-iisang para sa’yo
Kanyang pupunan ang ‘yong pagkukulang
S’ya ang sasalo anumang ibato ng mundo

Ang’yong pag-alala, kanyang mapapakalma

Ang dating ayaw mo, ika’y magkakagusto
Ang isa’y dalawa, kayong dalwa’y iisa
Saan ka man magpunta, hindi ka na mag-iisa

Kaya pagal na puso, ‘wag na ‘wag susuko

May hihilom, sa mga sugat mo

Sa iyong mga patawa, ay ‘di ka na papalya

Siya ang tanging bangka, ‘pag baha nang ‘yong luha
At ‘pag naliligaw na, kamay nya ang ‘yong mapa
S’ya ang antipara, pag malabo na ang ‘yong mata

Kaya saradong puso, buksan muli ang iyong pinto

May kakatok
Balang araw

Sa dinami-daming tao sa mundo,

Aba’y akalain mong tayo ay magtatagpo

Nagkatugmahang puso, sa wakas simula na ‘to

Buntong hininga
Buntong hininga
Mag buntong hininga kaya muna tayo.


I was that enticed I included this on my playlist (and am playing the song as I type this entry tonight). Johnoy Danao showed brilliance in playing with words and I was, not just humming the song in my head, but appreciating its lyrics. He has placed a nice message about hope in this song. And just like what I've said in a previous Facebook post, he knew how to ignite a flicker hope in a big yet positive way.


0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.