Welcoming the Weekend at Happy Cat Cafe

Cat cafes are another current trend. I've been seeing them on TV and I won't deny that I hope to visit one as well given that cats are one of my favorite animals. Back when I was younger, I was acquainted to domesticated pets through a neighbor's cat before Papa eventually got our family our first dog.


I first learned of Happy Cat Cafe early this month while browsing Facebook.The establishment just opened in SM City East Ortigas last month. Knowing it's just one jeepney ride away from my office in Eastwood, I decided to visit the place last Friday.


The cafe is located at the mall's ground floor and near fastfood restaurants. Entrance to the cafe is via the store Pet Corner. It's just a quaint space with a few tables. Upon entering the venue, I was welcomed by the cafe staff who was able to answer some of my questions. The cafe, just like other shops has coffee, cakes and tea on their menu. While there are pastries on the menu, bringing them inside the premises where the cats are are prohibited (according to one of their staff when I inquired) and only drinks are allowed to be brought in. Their price ranges from 250 to 500 pesos. But while you may think it's too pricey, the said rate comes with a drink and a corresponding number of hours where you can play and cuddle 10 feline friends to your heart's content. 



Before entering the feline premises, I was asked to read and sign a waiver, washed my hands and was given a pair of rubber slippers from a locker. Just a fair warning though, I think they only have one size for all the slippers (mine was one or two sizes bigger) so don't plan to ask if they have smaller sizes.


The cafe strongly advises against trying to wake cats to play. Tail pulling is also a big no-no. Most of the cats were asleep during the time I was there. But a Sphynx Cat was the first to welcome me. I just felt a bit horrified when this cat started kneading its paws and I started feeling the nails through my jeans. Talk about a memorable way of welcoming a visitor to the territory hahaha! 


It was my first time to visit a cat cafe and save for a comment that the place tends to have this smell na "amoy pusa" (a staff enters once in a while to clean and spray air sanitizer anyway), I am satisfied. From the proximity, the cat cafe's rules and procedures and the rates. My colleague, who is also a cat lover told me that their rates are reasonable compared to the other similar establishments in the city.


Happy Cat Cafe
GF SM City East Ortigas
Ortigas Ave Ext. Pasig City
Operating Hours: 10 am to 9 pm





















0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.