Loving Never Forgetting (and Things in Between)

Photo from Pinterest
I don't recall being obsessed with foreign drama series like other people. If there was one thing I enjoyed watching, it was just Meteor Garden and It Started With a Kiss and their respective sequels. However, after going on a Meteor Garden marathon during the Christmas holiday, I discovered another interesting series:Loving Never Forgetting.

I remember that it was one of those drama series that was shown in the Philippines back in 2015 entitled Unforgettable Love. Back then, while I am aware of the show's existence, I only see trailers because of its late-night telecast (I can't watch it as I have a day job which needs me to be up early every morning). At first I was only interested because of the legal battle ingredient of the story (not to mention the good looks of the show's characters) But once I started with the first episode, I instantly got hooked-- despite that what I am watching is in it's original form -- spoken in Mandarin Chinese and I had to rely on English subtitles, which thankfully were translated well.  

Anyway, I must say that Loving Never Forgetting is one beautiful drama and it was worth watching. It's a poignant story about the value of family, strength and resilience, of true and unconditional love, kindness and forgiveness. I was interested to see how Li Zhongmou's character (played by Jerry Yan) slowly changed from a cold-hearted bachelor businessman to a loving father and husband in the course of the story. And how Wu Tong's (played by Tong Liya) generosity, kindness and unconditional love healed broken relationships and brought a family back together. On the other hand, while I enjoyed watching Denny Huang as the dashing, handsome lawyer Xiang Jun, there was also a point in the story that I felt hatred in his antagonistic portrayal towards the last few episodes. But thankfully, there was a transformation that happened that somehow redeemed his character. 

Now, you might be confused or maybe wondering why I said these. But you need to watch the series yourself to find out why. You must have the patience though because aside from it is spoken in Mandarin, each episode runs from 35-45 minutes. But I liked how the series included courtroom scenes and legal battle scenarios concerning family law (the area of law that I find interesting) and business perspective with the usual romance, drama and at some points, comedy scenes in it. At a certain extent, this drama series tackled how to deal with the subject of "unrequited love". 

Upon reaching the last episode, I can't help but ask myself why I did not watch this three years ago. Honestly, it's a show I wouldn't mind watching again-- and I surely would, probably after a few months -- or at least I have crossed half of the items on my current to-do list!

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.