Paranoia as Part of the New Normal

I've been MIA from this blog for almost a month. As of this writing, community quarantine has relaxed a bit. In the area where I am now, we're under general community quarantine from being under enhanced community quarantine for two months. Some forms of transportation are now visible though it seems restrictions from moving out are stricter than the previous months.

Malls are now open though they operate at reduced capacity. Honestly, if you are to ask me how am I feeling with these changes, I could not say I am relaxed -- or if I can even be. Instead of feeling better with the downgraded state of the quarantine, I felt more terrified seeing how people rummaged through malls and supermarkets on the first day of the general community quarantine.

It's as if a real-life Zombie Apocalypse happening. I feel more paranoid leaving the house to buy essential goods even if it meant just being outdoors armed with face mask and alcohol for just two hours.

Compared to the situation now, I felt more comfortable during the enhanced community quarantine. I prefer the previous guidelines of having a market day scheduled for each baranggay, when you are not scared of being flocked by strangers and people. I felt people were more law-abiding and cautious then than now -- when they all behave like bumpkins, forgetting safety measures by flocking the malls as if those establishments won't be there tomorrow.

I don't want to sound pessimistic. But it seems this form of leniency would end up doing more harm than good. 

They say a lot of things shall change and they call it the new "normal". Being the paranoid one that I am, I have yet to really leave the house fully -- I'm thinking of doing so maybe after two more weeks. I don't know how it will affect me but changes in my usual routine with likely occur -- including the possibility of shifting to work from home employment instead of working in an office which I did for eight years.

And I hope to land one as soon as I get to settle the needed logistics for it.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.