My Quarantine Reads


I decided to put my Kdrama binge-watching marathon on hold for the time being to devote time to a few other things, including going back to my old love--reading. Over the past week, I have scanned through my shelf and found that while I had given out a few old books for donation months before the ECQ, there has been several titles which I have yet to read. Some of them were books which I bought years ago.

Currently, I'm trying to finish three titles from Kerygma Books: How to Turn Your Passion Into Profit, Whole Again: Restore Your Body to Its Original Design and Don't Let Them Lose You: How to Take Care of Your Health So You Can Take Care of Others. 

How to Turn Your Passion Into Profit was a book I originally planned on giving to my then-crush a few years ago thinking it would benefit him as he was just starting a business. But due to time constraints regarding my work schedule, being unable to work on a definite time to meet up, and a host of things not working out as I hoped for, this book just sat in my shelf and I ended up reading it recently. While I don't have any plan of starting a business anytime soon, this book is helpful if one wishes to learn a thing or two with regards to entrepreneurship. This serves as a handbook, textbook and workbook all rolled into one. How to Turn Your Passion Into Profit is a book that will straighten out some of people's misconceptions about entering into and becoming an entrepreneur. There are questions at the end of each chapter that readers need to answer before moving to the next part of the book-- which, I see is a step-by-step map and guide questions when one plans their  business venture.

Self care is a must in this trying time that we are dealing with a pandemic. And this is what one will find in the books Whole Again: Restore Your Body to Its Original Design and Don't Let Them Lose You: How to Take Care of Your Health So You Can Take Care of Others. These two books written by a licensed medical doctor, Dr. Didoy Lubaton (who also heads The Feast Bay Area District with Bro. Bo Sanchez) will guide people on the importance of prioritizing their health and wellness-- something that is vital especially nowadays. I have long wanted to own copies of these even before the height of the COVID19 health scare because I know I will get something out of it particularly with regards to prioritizing my health. Undeniably, just reading through the first chapter of Whole Again, I realized how I've neglected a few aspects of my health and that I should start making amends to make up for it. I was guilty as charged with not being mindful about some of the Seven Doctors of the Body defined in the book, particularly Doctor Sleep, Doctor Sun and Doctor Drink. While I am still in the process of making changes to my sleeping habits, I must say that these two books were of great help in rewiring my mindset about being healthy which I think is  important more so now, given our current situation and the reality that I am not as young as the others out there which means that being mindful about listening to the screams, aches, pains is important. These books offer useful tips on how to be healthy by being educated more with how nature can help us heal which in turn can hopefully, make us rely on medications less.

These books are available in bookstores or online via Feastbooks.ph but you may also purchase them through Lazada and Shopee. 

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.