And So This is Christmas

Christmas will be over in a few hours. Honestly, it felt a bit weird and different this year. I spent Christmas Eve reading through the December issue of Reader’s Digest and the article about the Kpop group BTS, drafting a scheduled post about Melting Me Softly, spending time in the kitchen helping Mama with the cooking, and spent the night binge watching and laughing to my heart’s content to another Kdrama, Shopping King Louie. I spent the wee hours of Christmas Day sending Christmas GIF greeting cards to friends over Messenger. 

I woke up to Christmas morning as if that day was ordinary. The usual sight of kids strolling clad in their Pamasko outfits was an elusive sight this year. Christmas became a “normal ordinary day” this year. I spent the morning watching Go Back Couple on TV while having my morning coffee, updating my planner on the last few days of the year, watching the bullet journal tutorials on Youtube, took a 20-minute nap in the afternoon and prepared to attend the 4 pm Mass. I had a quick trip to the supermarket with Mama and snacks at Bonchon after.

First time this year na naging weird ang tanawin sa mismong araw ng Pasko. If in the recent years, it's the ninongs and ninangs who are elusive, this year, it's both as kids aren't allowed to go out this year.

If there’s one thing I am thankful this Christmas, it’s that I am blessed with another year celebrating with Mama and despite financial woes, God continues to keep us afloat. Compared to the recent years when Christmas used to be festive and somewhat exhausting, this year felt strangely different. And the pandemic still is to blame for that. But like what I captioned in my Instagram post, Christmas will always be constant regardless of the situation we are in. 

Here’s to hoping that Christmas 2021 will be different -- a happy, festive one that is. 

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.