February Discovery: Drip Kofi Angono

I first heard about Drip Kofi through my author-friend Kim. Next to writing stories, coffee is another thing she couldn’t live without. The said coffee place also has a branch in Taytay, Rizal where she lives and she was wishing to find one in my hometown.  

Well, I guess that’s where the power of social media played a big part. I tried searching for Drip Kofi both on Google and Facebook, and found out that they indeed have a branch in Angono. I could navigate well through some parts of the town proper anyway, so with the information that I found online, tracking the location was a breeze. 

Drip Kofi Angono is located within E.C. Valle Commerical Center just across Angono Elementary School. I walk going to the coffee shop because it’s just a few minutes away from SM Center Angono where I usually do my weekend errands.

I first visited Drip Kofi Angono a week before Valentine’s Day. The place isn’t as big as the usual coffee shops I’d frequent to but it can accommodate a few people who wishes to get their coffee fix and enjoy a meal from their menu. On my first visit, what caught my attention was the minimalist design of the shop. And while the interiors are simple, it’s surrounded with natural light. Enough for those usual Instagram food shots while giving off some cozy vibe. This coffee shop also houses an apparel store within its premises that sells interesting pieces of clothing. And the way they hung the items placed some pop of color on the white wall! There was one particular item from there that I plan to purchase so I’ll inquire about it when I return.

During my first visit, I tried their Hazelnut iced coffee. Blame it on my love for Nutella but coffee with a taste of hazelnut also appeals to my palate. I got one in grande and was a bit surprised at first given that the size can already match a large cup similar to that in a milktea shop. But for 100 pesos, it’s worth the money. There was a good balance between the hazelnut and the coffee. Unlike in other coffee shops where their drinks really scream of caffeine and can pump loads in your system that can keep you up and wide-awake until the wee hours of the morning! 

Yesterday was the second time I visited Drip Kofi Angono. And just like the first instance, I was greeted by their three staff as soon as I came in. If there was one thing that Kim raves about this place next to coffee, it’s good customer service. Kim recommended that I try their Ca Phe Sua Da (or simply Vietnamese Coffee) and so I did. I partnered it with a food from their menu, beef and mushroom pizza.

The food was good and the serving was just enough for me; more of like a personal-sized pizza but tastes like something you do at home. It was my first time to try the Ca Phe Sua Da so there was some thoughts in my head thinking it might not suit my taste which surprisingly turned out to be the opposite. I was a bit worried that it could trigger my acid reflux but that never happened. I saw that the Ca Phe Sua Da can be ordered with an extra shot of milk as an add on but I remembered it late. Hopefully, I’ll get to do that on my next visit.

Drip Kofi Angono is an ideal place if you are on the lookout for place where you can spend some quiet afternoons for your “me time”. They observe a “strictly one hour only for dine-in” policy so this will be worth visiting if you are the type of person who isn’t comfortable with the usual crowded (and often) noisy surroundings of coffee shops. They are open daily from 11 am to 10 pm. As they have different branches within Rizal, as well as the neighboring province of Laguna, you may search for their respective Facebook pages for the operating hours.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.