An Impromptu Afternoon Date at Trabi Café with the Ladies


After agreeing to accept  my best friend's request regarding a writing assignment the night before, I was already keen with staying home last Sunday to work on the four topics I agreed to do. Despite the Wednesday deadline, I thought why not work on all of it in one day since I owned the house all to myself and the silence connected with being alone will be helpful in organizing my ideas.

But a phone call from my writer-friend Kim asking me to come to Trabi Café that same afternoon made me set my original plans aside. At first I felt stressed receiving the last-minute invitation because I seriously have no idea as to the location. But when she told me that she brought a “plus one” she wanted me to meet, I just decided to accept the invitation and totally forget the coffee that I was fixing for myself just minutes before she called. 

I admit that despite having lived in Angono for more than three decades, the place is an unfamiliar territory for me. Apparently, the venue, Trabi Café is situated near Angono Private High School’s new site in Bgy. Pag-Asa Binangonan, Rizal which is just around 10 minutes away from Angono town proper. Last Sunday was the first time I visited the area so I was just able to locate the restaurant after asking for directions from two random strangers. 


Trabi Café is housed within the same vicinity of Hiraya Restaurant and Café and is a quaint location serving  coffee shop staples like pasta, coffee, tea and pastries. Kim and her companion are already enjoying their share of coffee and cakes when I arrived. Just for a change, I decided to try their Beef Bolognese and partnered it with Honey Lemon tea. 

The place offered a cozy ambience that is conducive especially for those who love doing work-related stuff in coffee shops. The relaxing view and its interiors give off the ideal vibe of a co-working space.



Given that I am a bibliophile, places adorned with books emit a certain euphoria to my brain and Trabi Café gave me just that. When I was still working in Eastwood City, I always wanted to buy the Anatomy 101 book that I’ve been seeing in Fully Booked. So when I saw that the restaurant have this complete set of 101 Crash Course series in their bookshelf, it sealed the deal for me; enough for me to say, take my money!




Next to the food and drinks that gave me bang for my buck, the best part of this bonding session was finally meeting another friend, Elizabeth Galit. If you have been reading my entries, I have mentioned her in this blog a number of times. She’s the author behind one of my favorite books, Right Where You Left Me. We both kept expressing the intention of  meeting each other personally even at the height of the lockdown last year so it was a great thing that we finally had the chance this time. Proof that some things are truly worth the wait!


Given that my friends Kim and Beth are both independent authors, part of our conversation included their books; as well as the inspiration behind the characters in Beth’s romance novel. And since we’re all ladies, what else would you expect us to include in our silly conversations but guys and romance.
Pero siyempre, kung ano at sino ang pinag-uusapan ng mga Lakwatserang Titas of Rizal  will have to be confidential. What happens in Trabi, stays in Trabi. 

Now, if you’re asking me for an honest feedback, save for the delay in serving my order, the fact that the place is clean, served good food, with an IG-worthy interior and accommodating staff, I can definitely give it a thumbs-up. I just made sure to remember the location so I won’t have to do a bit of a walkathon next time. :-)


Trabi Café is located at 0905 Sitio Hangganan, Pag-asa Binangonan, Rizal and is open daily from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.