Jay Ar and April Are Married!

 


Today marks the last day of October. I am rushing to type this entry just before this month comes to a close, because this month, our family marked a milestone that is worth celebrating: the wedding of Jay Ar and April. 

This wedding took two years in the making. They have been planning to tie the knot since 2020 but then the COVID-19 pandemic placed those plans aside. Fast forward to two years, they finally made it happen. 

Their wedding was held last October 20 at Christ the King Parish in Taytay, Rizal. This occasion served as a breath of fresh air to our family, because having gone through difficult, painful and gloomy moments with the unexpected demise of some family members in the last few years, this event gave us a reason to really celebrate! Jay Ar and April's wedding saw a happy reunion between our relatives, and longtime friends. I've known Jay Ar's friends and classmates since they were young and it's great to see the same bond as they take part as my brother's groomsmen and best man. Family members  from overseas flew home and those in the province also made time to be part of this occasion. Tito Buboy, my Mama's youngest sibling even took the role of walking with Jay Ar down the aisle as Papa's proxy -- because if you've been reading my blog, you'll know that our Papa already left for Paradise almost four years ago.


While I only started attending weddings again years back, I had a great time as a bridesmaid at their wedding. The event itself was fun to be in with all the lively performance and activities during the dinner reception. Despite living just right next door to each other, and Jay Ar is my sibling, I don't know much about their love story --until during the wedding reception. And while I was keen at making this bridesmaid duty as my last, and consider accepting "principal sponsor" duties for the next batch of weddings that I will attend next, it appears that the Universe seem to have a different plan; because I ended up catching April's bouquet at the wedding! So I guess, it's safe to say that beginner's luck is real, and I was given with a wonderful plot twist that allowed me to cross out an item on my bucket list. Talk about hitting two birds with one stone in a single occasion! 



0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.