On Marrying Young

My brother's friend Donn got married to his girl Mayette last Saturday. The groom's just the same age as my brother yet there are times that I still find it disappointing to hear people getting married at a young age. That those young people should finish their school obligations first before tying the knot.

I don't know but I can't say I am used to hear things like that. Even if it my own family, some of my cousins decided to marry at a young age currently, the only unattached member of the family is just me and my brother, I still find it difficult to believe that the ones who were playing bahay-bahayan back then are now about to begin the game for real.

This morning, my brother being their wedding photographer gave me a copy of the wedding give away which was a CD compilation. And listening to the CD, I found this song of Steven Curtis Chapman nice and I consider fit for the young newlyweds.




I'll Take Care of You
Steven Curtis Chapman

I'll take care of you

Don't be sad, don't be blue
I'll never break your heart in two
I'll take care of you
I'll kiss your tears away
I'll end your lonely days
All that I'm really tryin' to say
Is I'll take care of you

I want you to know that I love you so
I'm proud to tell the world you're mine
I said it before, I'll say it once more
You'll be in my heart 'til the end of time

I'll take care of you
Don't be sad, don't be blue
Just count on me your whole life through
'Cause I'll take care of you


Getting married meant starting a new life not as two other individuals but as one. Not as I but as WE. Not as he or she but us; not as mine but as ours. And like other newly wed couples, I wish them a blissful married life.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.