In Between These Two Commercials



I was newly-enjoying this McDonalds commercial, BF-GF weeks ago when I found out that this was pulled out by the McDonald's management out of respect to the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) saying that the commercial might imply a false notion to the minds of children to the concept of courtship' because in this commercial the little girl asks for a confirmation but latter says all she wants was french fries.

Creativity wise, I really don't see anything wrong with the commercial. If I were to compare that ad to this other TVC, I'd prefer the former:



In this one, this guy acts as if he's already that mature enough to date a girl (even at a fast food), warn his parents to stay out of the scene thinking it's embarrassing but at the end, it still were his parents who went on to foot the bill. To be honest, I feel sorry for the parents and hate the guy (even the look in his face) in this TV ad.

Now, with regards to the BF-GF commercial, I just see it as that -- creatively exploring a concept to effectively market a business. With regards to instilling false notions, I suppose, it's up to the parents to educate their kids that courtship is not as easy and as cheap as buying french fries. After all, TV is not always the reality (especially in the case of commercials) and likewise, kids should still be guided with explanation from parents on the concept of commercials (yes, even if they don't say parental guidance).

Oh, and I admire that little girl who asked "girlfried mo na ba ako?" I swear, if I get to see her, I'm going to give her a big bear hug for being such gutsy. I wish I were just like you, kid.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.