Chivalry Isn't Dead

Just before my day at the office ended, this idea crossed my mind. If you were reading my posts, I narrated here the story of how one person surprised my friend at that moment when I was already having these misconceptions that differentiate a man and a woman when it comes to significant occasions.

Today, he was at it again and likewise, I am the witness to this person's simple but sweet gesture. Just hours after we had this pre-birthday celebration for another friend, Beth, he came into our aisle and placed these in her and Kat's desk:

Sweet at nakakakilig ba gusto nyo?

After what I saw today, I wish to believe that yes, chivalrous acts still exists in this modern world. That despite living a modified life, there still are people who knows how to make hearts melt. While I was not the celebrant, I can't help but feel giddy and restrain my lacrimal glands from betraying me. But I told Beth with all honesty that if I were in her place, and I'd be the recipient of his simple but heartwarming deed, I will not hold back those tears -- and just let my heart melt with it.

He might not be that vocal with sending out a greeting during significant occasions but he knows how to make up to it in another way -- which is rather special.

I can't help but agree with what Beth said -- the girl that won him over is really lucky. I can't help but wish that the person I'm waiting for would be just like him too.

One blogger said that you should give a man an "A" for effort when he merits. In this case, I can clearly say he's got the right to claim one.



0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.