Valentine's Day and an Old E-mail

I was busy checking and arranging my belongings this morning when I came across an old email entitled Growing With Someone which I have kept in my time capsule (yes, I do have one). It's Valentine's Day tomorrow and while I will be celebrating it by myself (yes, just like the years back), I shall post the content of the email instead.
Years ago, I asked God to give me a spouse. "You don't own because you didn't ask." God said. Not only I asked for a spouse, but also explained what kind of spouse I wanted.
 I want a nice, tender, forgiving, passionate, honest, peaceful, generous, understanding, pleasant, warm, intelligent, humorous, attentive, compassionate and truthful one. I even mentioned the physical characteristics I dreamed about. As time went by, I added the required list of my wanted spouse. One night, in my prayer, God talked to my heart. 
“My servant, I cannot give you what you want.” 
 I asked, “Why God?” 
 God said, “Because I am God and I am fair. God is the truth and all I do are true and right.”
 I asked God, “I don’t understand. Why can’t I have what I ask from you?”
 God answered, “I will explain. It is not fair and right for Me to fulfill your demand because I cannot give something that is not your own self. It is not fair to give someone who is full of love to you if sometimes you are still hostile; or to give you someone generous but sometimes you can be cruel; or someone forgiving, however, you can still hide revenge; someone understanding, however, you are very insensitive.”
 He then said to me, “It is better for Me to give you someone who I know could grow to have all qualities you are searching rather than to make you waste your time in finding someone who already have the qualities you want.” 
 Your spouse would be bone from your bone and flesh from your flesh. You will see yourself in him and both of you will be one. Marriage is like school. It is a life-long education. It is where you and your partner make adjustments and aim not merely to please each other, but to be better human beings and to make a solid teamwork. I don’t give you a perfect partner because you are not perfect either. Instead, I would give you a partner with whom you would grow together.”
What will be your plans for Valentine's Day? I've got mine planned since last week. It won't really be that special but I'd like to think I'm doing this for a change. After all, there's a point when someone said, you need not be a couple to celebrate V-day.

I just hope this rainy weather won't be spoiling the fun.

2 comments

  1. The email made a lot of sense.. :) Plans for tomorrow? actually none.. but i'm still thinking.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Jeff. That's the main reason why I never dared throwing that email to the trash bin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.