Pre-Valentine Movie: The Vow


This post is sort of long overdue. I got the chance to see the movie The Vow over the weekend just before Valentine's day. I was browsing through SM Cinemaa's website and found a synopsis for this film. I found it interesting so I decided to spend time and money to see it.

The movie that starred Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams was inspired by the story of real-life couple Kim and Krickitt Carpenter whose marriage was put to a test when an accident leaves Krickitt in a coma and causes her to have severe memory loss and how Kim tries his best to win her heart again. Prior to watching the film, I had read about their story before when it was published in the book Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul. What I felt after reading their story in the book and seeing the film was just the same. I was moved and inspired with the amount of love they have for each other and the devotion they have towards the relationship and the promise that they made to each other.
 
I recommend this movie to people in committed relationships. I even suggested this movie to my married friends because given the fact that marriages seem to be a short-lived thing these days, the story will inspire people on how to strengthen that bond. I might have seen the film by myself but I still was able to learn lessons from it.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.