A Broken Agreement




A few years ago, I remember we were listening to this together.
It was also then when you asked me 
If we can have this song
Played on our
Wedding day.

I knew I smiled at the idea
And I gave you that
Yes.

Today, this song came across my playlist.
You're not here with me
Yet, I am still 
listening 
to it.

Your question ran into my head again.Today, there is no wedding day;
.To think nor be excited about. For you're listening 
to a different tune with another person.
And she is not 
Me.

But then, here I am listening to this song
And for some reason there were tears
That I was unable to hold back
And that fleeting, sad thought
That probably I am destined
To listen to this song
And to be forever 
Alone.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.