I'm Done With The Mission


And succeeded at it!

I had to give blogging an abrupt break for some time because I went on a mission. Well, it was actually more of a challenge because it was something that I never tried doing before.

I was in the company of books again. But this time, it's a trilogy. Fifty Shades trilogy that is.

1,624 pages read in three weeks!

I am not really a fan of marathon reading. I had never read a trilogy much more a a book series (not even Twilight or Lord of the Rings) and so, giving in to my curiosity will be a challenge -- and by that I mean HUGE one given that my schedule at work has been tight lately and I'm all too lazy when I get home. But when I first heard about the trilogy's first installment,
Fifty Shades of Grey discussed over a radio station, it quite piqued my interest; which became more intensified when I read the blurb in a bookstore website. I knew I had to get a copy to see things for myself. And while I admittedly got kid of "disturbed" with the amount graphic lovemaking scenes in the book (that quoting RX 93.1 DJ Delamar said, "gets steamier in every chapter"), I knew I had to finish what I had started.

And it did not disappoint me that I continued spending some hard-earned amount and reading the next two books. While it is indeed erotic literature, it did not contain that single stuff per se. The book also lets you in for some ride and adrenaline rush as it has the aspects of romance, action, suspense,some  comedy and likewise, the element of drama. E L James do know how to leave her readers wanting for more as you won't want to put the book down and instead turn it one page after the other. Of course, I will not divulge how Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey's story ended. You'll have to read the book to find out -- but for me, I would say that I am satisfied with the end.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.