An Oxygen-Less Soul

Prior to the implementation of Anti-Cyberime Law, I have been fond of utilizing social media to the point that I totally neglected the vintage way  of placing things in black and white. In a way, I knew I had my own moments of "lapse of judgement" in taking advantage of the benefits of cyberspace.

The newly-administered law was somewhat a blessing and a bother. Given its provisions, it would be a big help especially for people who experienced and are still experiencing the perils of the Internet and it's vehicles (Facebook, blogs and Twitter to name a few). In a way, having this ordinance could further promote responsibility with the use of these social media.

It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time.
While it has its pros, there are some disadvantages to it as well. I believe that reviewing the provisions and  the probability of amending it is necessary. While there is no such thing as absolute freedom, robbing people with the right to exercise their opinion is like depriving someone the right to live. Don't get me wrong. I was once a victim of cyber bullying and while this law could be an effective panacea, I can't say I'm for it but nor am I against it either. The thing about me is that I have difficulty expressing my feelings (anger included) verbally and so I do it in written form. But with the Anti-Cybercrime Law working, it calls not just to be careful but EXTRA careful.

I still believe freedom is not dead. I'm not an oxygen-less soul (yet) and those piles of old journal could prove that (for me). It's still my  sanctuary of comfort. They do tell a lot of stories, compiled my rants, my dumb moments, knew who made me cry then and who could be making me happy now. What's in this blog is just a crumb compared to the whole cake that these diaries keep.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.