Southbound for the Weekend

Photo: Google

Going on a field trip just like school. 
Gonna go somewhere that's really cool
Destination: Vacation traveling around 
the nation.

                                                                                                             -Swirl 360, Candy in the Sun-


Tomorrow, a couple I know will be celebrating their first wedding anniversary, while someone turns 31 years old on the same day. As I type this down, my travel bag is packed and ready. I'm not celebrating anything myself but I'm looking forward to Saturday morning for I will be having my first out of town trip for this year.

It's been two years since I went out of town somewhere north. Before I left the office this afternoon, I made sure that my desk and my PC are squeaky clean (READ: free from pending legal documents). While I was doing my last-minute errands, I realized, the perception of out of town trips tend to differ as you grow older. To children, hearing the word "travels" elicit giddy, excited reactions. But if you are an employed person, in your late 20's who spends 40 hours a week in the office just like me, an out of town trip is a well-deserved diversion from the normal routine -- even at least for a couple of days.

I'm repeating Swirl 360's Candy in the Sun in my mind. Tomorrow, I'll savor the road trip and everything involved in it. But for tonight, I'll dreamily think the sea and sand :-)



0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.