I Saw The Sign


Whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you will receive them and you will have them.

It has been two days since my birthday. I am another year older but it's a bit funny and weird because I always felt a few years younger. My colleagues and my family threw me a birthday party just like in the past years. And just like how it has been for four birthdays, I spent half of my day in the office to perform my duty.

Save for a prayerful wish for my big day, I really did not receive any other gifts. I suppose material things tend to be insignificant as you get older. Instead, I only had one in prayer and it's been something I have been asking God for for a number of years now. Weeks before my birthday together with my prayer, I finally tried to ask God for a sign. I won't go into the specifics of my prayer but I asked God "the color blue" as the sign that I needed. While I believe more in prayers than in signs, I thought maybe, doing it for once won't do any harm.

But on the day itself,  there was an unexpected turn of events that happened on the last minute. When I realized how the events turned out, I have finally conceded to God and surrendered that probably, my prayer is not meant to be mine to have and so I went home.

I don't know but hours after my birthday, when the celebrations had died down. I found myself raiding the fridge for something to eat. I found the cake that was brought by a friend at our home earlier that day. As I was removing the cake, my attention was caught by the candle taped on top of the box. For a moment, I found myself staring blankly at it.

It was a blue candle. While it was not part of the manner I mentioned, it was the exact color that I asked in my prayer. The moment I saw it, I just froze, my knees almost like a Jell-O and I went into a period of momentary disbelief. I wanted to cry but I don't know where those supposed chest wrenching tears went. Just when I already waved the white flag, accepting that my prayer won't be answered anymore, He unexpectedly gave me a response in a modified but still aligned  manner like what I prayed for.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.