Healthy Eating at Go! Salads

I really did not plan going on any food-related challenge but earlier this year, I found myself setting aside a particular day to indulge in cheat days. I know, we all are foodies but I realized, (and with my mom's constant reminder), I am not getting any younger. to others, being in your 30's is like the "high time" for almost everything. But hey, reaching that "part" also mean getting near that big 4-0. And my mom keeps on telling me not to wait until that age and the pains of getting old start appearing before I become health conscious particularly with what I eat. If I could set aside a particular day for "cheat days", why not set one (or two) to eat healthy.


Due to my decision of venturing into healthy eating, I discovered Go! Salads, a salad bar which is just near my workplace in Eastwood City. I've known that place but I just had the chance to try the food on their menu just months ago. At first, it was just me who indulged into this form of #SaladDayFridays but lately, when I told my office mate Cherry about my Friday habit, she as well tried it and is now hooked on their salads as I am.


Go! Salads have a variety of salad options for you to choose from. Their leafy greens are all organic and locally produced which you can purchase for 120 pesos. And whenever I visit, I always order their Bayani Salad. A simple mix of greens, corn kernels, candied cashew nuts and adobo flakes with soy sesame dressing.


My office mate Cherry on the other hand tend to seek variety with her food. In the number of times that she came here with me, na-order na nya ata halos lahat ng salads sa menu. Yesterday, her choice was the Darling Breakfast -- made with ground chicken longganisa, sliced tomatoes, greens and tomato honey vinaigrette. 


  
Apart from healthy salads, Go! Salads also have smoothies and teas. I have been regularly ordering their vanilla lemongrass tea which is a healthier option from the usual instant iced teas. It's not too sweet and you can really taste the lemongass infused in it. Not to mention it's affordable at 40 pesos.

Their smoothies are also a must try. Cherry would always order a smoothie to go with her salad -- yesterday, she got herself a Breakfast Smoothie. At 120 pesos, you get not just a healthy but filling "meal in a glass". I once tried to order the Breakfast Smoothie at lunchtime and despite consuming it during office hours, I still felt full even hours before dinner.

So if you are just like me whose on the lookout for healthier alternatives with what you consume, I suggest that you try what's on their menu. I'm always looking forward to Fridays, or in any case, when Cherry asks "magda-dahon ba tayo today?". I hope to try the other items on my future visits. 


Go! Salads is at Level 2 Techno Plaza 2 Eastwood Avenue Eastwood City Libis Quezon City. Open daily from 11 am to 11 pm.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.