Despedida de Amiga and Coffee Date Night at Cafe Enye


More than a month ago, one of my office mates, Mommy P took the "greener pasture" and said goodbye to our group Baranggay Tibay to start another chapter called retirement. It's been a tradition in our circle to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. And while we are not fond of goodbyes, Mommy P, more than an office mate is everyone's nanay. And so we decided to give her a memorable send-off party.  

The good thing about having housewives for office mates is they know how to scout deals for almost everything (not just shoe shopping and sale hunting, mind you). For Mommy P's despedida dinner, off we went  to Outback Steakhouse in Eastwood upon the discovery of our colleague Anna -- who found a voucher through Metrodeal.  


After a hearty dinner, these ladies went on an impromptu coffee date at Cafe Enye -- a coffee shop which is just a mere 10-minute walk from our office building. While I have been familiar with this establishment having been in Eastwood City for close to seven years, I haven't tried any offer of the place yet. So after not so much convincing and given that it was a Friday night anyway, I decided to come with them for a once in a blue moon coffee date night. 


Cafe Enye may look simple on the outside but like what they say, looks could be deceiving, for this coffee shop's interiors are interesting. The place is well lit and the walls feature attractive decors. It's like you're being given the home-y feeling ass soon as you are inside. I was that fascinated it made me think if they actually accept reservations for pre-nup shoots.


Pardon the look, but like what I've mentioned, coffee was what we came there for. I don't know if it's just me but in half a decade that I've been with the firm, I have become a coffee drinker too -- even at night time just what this photo suggests. Here I am with my usual iced latte and I'm happy to say that next to the tall serving, they make good coffee -- they served mine just the way I wanted it. cold and not too strong, I was still able to sleep the same night when I got home.That tall glass is just 130 pesos, so in a way, it's a bang for the buck.


It was a night well spent. I didn't mind getting home late after what has been a night with the girls (na napaka-bihira ring mangyari because they all have either kids, husbands or boyfriends to attend to) because for me, it's a good way to defuse and rewire my brain after dealing with work-related matters the whole week. And if you're asking me if Cafe Enye is worth a visit, with the good food and accommodating staff, I'd definitely say yes. I'm planning to return there one of these days to try more of what's on their menu.



Cafe Enye is at the Ground floor of Excelsior Building Eastwood Avenue Eastwood City Libis Quezon City.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.