A Quarantine Surprise

When I  started this blog around 12 years ago, gaining readers or followers was the least of my aims. To me, this platform was a mere space for me to practice my writing skills and just to serve as an outlet to release thoughts in my head and pent-up emotions from the stress of daily life. I started this blog when I was just 23; trying to sail through the troubled waters of freelancing, job-hopping, and navigating through my relationship with my then-boyfriend.

When this blog came to be, I was someone searching for my place under the sun.

But as time passed, I guess there was also something good with writing down my thoughts for I got to encounter people, only virtually. Some of them even became my friends, among them was this lady named Diane. The one behind the blog Diane Wants to Write, she discovered my blog by accident and has since became one of the silent readers. And while blogging was one of the things we share in common, there was another thing: Kdramas

It's just that I was a late bloomer to join the bandwagon. When Crash Landing on You became a hit early this year, I remember being the one almost left behind. I just hopped in after my officemates convinced me that it was worth my time and bedtime habit. I would find out later on that I would share the same penchant for this series with Diane who was also smitten by the male lead Hyun Bin (aka Ang Pambansang Asawa because a lot of ladies are head-over-heels with him!).


The topic of personally meeting up was among our plans back then until COVID19 and the community quarantine happened. But despite being at home, we continued with our Kdrama convos over Instagram. Around May this year, this little parcel came as a surprise in the middle of a stressful and scary period. And as this was something I was not expecting, a lot of thoughts were running in my head even before I got this from the delivery guy -- from the usual quarterly statement that I've been used to receiving from my bank, to even a subpoena from the trial court (yes, may ganong idea sa utak ko that time. Crazy but true.)

The parcel contained the merchandise that we often talked about. I honestly forgot about it because I've settled on the fact that there won't be any other way for me to receive those because of the restrictions brought about by the pandemic. But lo and behold, these cute little standees made its way to my home and eventually, my desk. Diane was that generous because there were three of those items together with a cute handwritten note. Talk about long-distance deliveries with a personal touch.

I know this blog entry is long overdue. But I still went on to write about it as a reminder of how strangers and friends can bring some comfort (even kilig) during this scary, difficult, and uncertain time. Especially if you get to share something in common -- fangirling over Kdramas and the oppas included!


Oh, if you're looking for some inspiration and have an eye for beautiful things, do check out Diane's blog, Diane Wants to Write or you can follow her on Instagram and be amazed by her photography and product styling skills! 

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.