The K2: Less Romance and Loads of Adrenaline Rush

 

Given that I still have 22 pending Kdramas on my device at home, I decided to use the fishbowl method to pick what to watch next. I was also hoping that by doing so, I could move on to Ji Chang-wook's charm after watching Suspicious Partner.


But it appears that the Universe is sabotaging my strategy because I ended up picking another show where he was part of. The action Kdrama The K2. I could have just returned that to the fishbowl but then, it would be cheating so despite not knowing what I'll be getting from it, I decided to go ahead and watch.


K2 tells the story of Kim Je-Ha played by Ji Chang-wook, a mercenary soldier from Iraq who flees to South Korea as a fugitive after being framed up and accused of killing his lover, Rania. As he tries to uncover the truth and discover the person responsible for her death, Je-ha crosses paths with Choi Yoo Jin, the ambitious eldest daughter of a chaebol family who aspires to become the country's first lady. He becomes part of JSS Security and is eventually assigned to serve as a bodyguard for Go An-na (played by Im Yoon-ah), the illegitimate daughter of Yoo Jin's husband and presidential candidate Jang Se-joon. While the two characters develop feelings and eventually fall in love, Je-ha becomes torn between choosing to work with his ally to give justice for Rania's death and protecting his newfound love at all costs.



This was the second action Kdrama that I have seen (the first one being My Secret Terrius). And while I was able to finish this for just four days(!), I must say this drama was different from what I have expected. For one, there is not much of the kilig-inducing scenes maybe because of the action and political genre. Next to impressive fight scenes that gave me some seemingly-excessive dose of adrenaline rush for four days, what I got mostly from this drama was a great deal of how politics could be a risky and dirty business. The audience will get a glimpse and an idea of how one's greed for fame and power corrupts their mind and morale to the point that it also affects those around them in a negative way. I despised the evil character of Choi Yoo Jin who was really a villain from the start until the last episode but I admired the bond between Je-ha and the JSS guys (even if Je-ha seems to be a threat to them because of his skills). 


Despite the positive ending for the two main characters, I will be honest in saying that I'm not sure if I'll re-watch The K2 anytime soon as I'm not a fan of action dramas but I'd recommend this to those looking for a show with loads of fight scenes and are after some dose of adrenaline rush pumped into their system -- in a good way.




2 comments

  1. Hi ate glai... at di na talaga nagpa-awat kay wookie...
    --- You know who...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Thank you for reading Batch! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.