When Time Isn't Much on Your Side

You can also see this post via Fishball Perceptions.

How do you make the most of the time that you’ve got when it seems away from your side?
This is the thought that is currently running on my mind as I write down this entry. Last night, in the midst of helping out my brother on his thesis is a combined thought running in my head.

The past few weeks, I knew I am a bit consumed with the thought of this person that I see as a potential friend. I don’t consider that person to be special but I’d rather want to become this person’s friend and take things from there rather than going to the next best thing ASAP. I’ve been single for six months and I do enjoy this state that enabled me to know and meet people and talk to them–including single, potentially-available guys.

But despite of this single and available status that I am currently having, I admit to still being that slow–as in. Yesterday, I posted a status on my Facebook account asking for advice on whether asking for a guy’s number is okay or not; just to set my thoughts straight. I suppose I’m really that slow. I’ve been describing this person to some of my friends but when they ask if I was able to get the number, I’d give the same, soggy reply–NO.

They poured their opinions out good enough for me to understand. They say it’s okay as long as you’re on speaking and greeting terms. And that’s the way we have been for some time now. But then I just don’t have the guts on doing other stuff–which includes asking for the number.

Then last night as I was talking to a friend who’s also close to this person, she told me things about this kinda cute creature (I found out we have the same penchant about basketball) however, I found out one thing too which I know would prompt me to move. The person is about to leave by the end of the month.

Two weeks. That’s all that’s left for me to see this person. I want to know this kinda cute creature more. And I don’t know how is that going to be. Lately, I’ve been looking forward to Fridays as my favorite day of the week for a lot of reasons.

And suddenly I only have two (or less than that) Fridays left. I really want to be friends with this person and I don’t know how I could do that with that short span of time that’s running so fast.

Indeed I’m chasing time. But I hope it doesn’t mean closing time.


0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.