Old Clips and Valentine's Day

A few days, out of boredom, I tried searching for clips of old episodes of TV shows on Youtube. The past month, I got to watch some of the clips from General Hospital; and last week, I out of curiosity looked for some episodes of the defunct show Rescue 911. There were a lot of episodes but this one was what I liked:

Episode 616 from January 31, 1995. This was one of those episodes that I fondly remember from way, way back. While the video could be kinda drastic as this is an informational television series, it actually brought that kinda mushy, hopeless romantic worm in me. Why? Okay, while the episode focused on saving a life in an emergency situation, the story actually revolved about two teenagers, Nick and Amanda who were acquainted during a school's prom night. It let me give out that Awww.....and the kilig feeling seeing how much the guy took the responsibility to the girl's parents during the ordeal of emergency. The girl's so lucky because someone like Nick really cared and showed concern. What actually moved me was these words that Nick said: "I was hoping she'd be alright. It was like saying don't take the girl. Cause I don't know what's going to happen to her" I know I'm getting mushier but that's what I truly feel watching the episode. Call it anything but I believe when someone shows that kind of love, care and concern to you even at the brink of an inevitable circumstance, you'd be that stupid, to refuse even to dismiss it. I should know for at one point, I felt how it feels like to be in that situation too. Indeed when you're at the brink of death, in the midst of fear of breathing your last, you do get to have a different perspective on things. Don't Take the Girl. It was what made the episode stick to my head and my senses. A song written by Tim McGraw. A song which has a story relevant to the episode. Much more, I love the lyrics that goes:

DON'T TAKE THE GIRL

Tim McGraw

Johnny's daddy, was takin' him fishing
When he was eight years old
A little girl came through the front gate
Holdin' a fishin' pole
His dad looked down and smiled
Said we can't leave her behind
Son I know you don't want her to go
But someday you'll change your mind
And Johnny said
Take Jimmy Johnson, take Tommy Thompson
Take my best friend Bo
Take anybody that you want as, long as she don't go
Take any boy in the world
Daddy please, don't take the girl
Same old boy, same sweet girl
Ten years down the road
He held her tight and kissed her lips in
Front of the picture show
Stranger came and pulled a gun
Grabbed her by the arm
Said if you do what I tell you to there
Won't be any harm
And Johnny said
Take my money, take my wallet
Take my credit cards
Here's the watch…

And I am writing this post two days before Valentine's Day. Indeed there are thing that at one point, you'd be willing to do out of love. And sometimes, the kind of love that's not said but instead demonstrated, is the kind of love that's hard to resist. I hope you'll have a great Valentine's Day. 

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.