What's Your Love Language?

A few days back, I chanced upon the book The Five Love Languages bu Gary Chapman during my trip to the bookstore. Of course, being the huge bookworm that I am, I took some time to scan what it was all about because it actually reminds me that I have heard about this before.


Now, a few people do know that I love Catholic preacher and writer Bo Sanchez. So what has he got to do with this? I have this little notebook where I wrote some points he discussed in his TV program sometime in 2007 and as I browsed that tiny notebook, lo and behold! there was actually an episode about that topic--love language. What are those things all about? Basically, it's how you convey love and how you want to be loved. Both the book and Bo's discussion say the same thing. Those love languages are as follows:

1. Words of Affirmation
2. Quality Time
3. Receiving Gifts
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical Touch


And yesterday, I learned through Facebook friend, Rochelle Sy Chua about this quiz Learn your Love Language found on the book's website. With a spun of growing curiosity I gave it a try. After getting done with the questions, my results were:

Words of Affirmation = 3 pts.
Quality Time = 7 pts.
Receiving Gifts = 3 pts.
Acts of Service = 8 pts
Physical Touch = 9 pts.

The quiz should I say is somewhat precise. Indeed while majority of the points went to Physical Touch, I also attest that Acts of Service and Quality Time are really my secondary love languages. The assessment revealed my way of communicating love is in the form of actions than in words. Surprisingly, despite being so well-versed at the mushy stuff it never appeared to be my way of conveying the L word. Much the same as compliments don't sit well to my senses (which made me strongly believe over the conviction of Samanta Mumba's song Don't Need You To (Tell Me I'm Beautiful).

"I don't need you to tell me I'm pretty to make me feel beautiful...I don't need you to believe in me to make me know I'm worth believing in."

Exactly. Because more than the words, it is the works that to me is of great importance. Probing that maybe I'm not into and am the bolera kind.

Try the quiz now and get to know yours. Click on the Love Languages Website now.



0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.