(Book) Love is Sweeter the Second Time Around

My love affair with books started long before I discovered fondness with guys. Before I fell head over heels with those hunks and cuties in school (and at work), books had kept my mind occupied most of the time.

Now that I am a yuppie, it has been a practice for me to buy a gift for myself every payday as a reward for the hard work. Prior to being bitten by the Fifty Shades Mania and getting giddy over Christian Grey, I had been a fan of local authors. Among them was Vince Teves who made a name with his Vince’s Life series. I had seen some snippets of the book Vince’s Life through magazines but was not fortunate to read it.

When it’s third and final installment, Vince’s Life:The Wedding came out in 2010, I was lucky to have read it. Yes, I decided to give it a shot despite being unable to read the first two books (Vince’s Life and Vince’s Life the Next Chapter Getting Over Andrea respectively). It was one good book that it became among my favorites in my little library. However, the said book was borrowed by one of my former co-workers and was never returned. For quite some time, I really felt remorseful for that no-brainer decision of lending one of my prized possessions.


But second chances do exist! While I was bookstore hopping on my way home from the office today, I found out that National Bookstore were selling some titles published by Summit Books – and it included Vince’s Life the Next Chapter Getting Over Andrea and Vince’s Life:The Wedding. What made me more excited was it’s on sale at 50% off!

What a steal. Indeed I’m one happy bookworm in love! I’m already excited to flip through its pages again (and I promise not to lend them!). But I’ll have to postpone doing so until tomorrow afternoon or perhaps Sunday morning.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.