Monthsary Thoughts

Image: Google

  • 32 people to talk to
  • 15 documents to furnish
  • Emails left unread
  • A message I forgot to rely; thus I should do that first   thing tomorrow

And to think that it's just Tuesday.

As I type this, I am still in my work clothes. I just had a cheeseburger and soda for snacks (and I am trying to nip the soda drinking habit to the bud). Incidentally today is my 11th month in the firm.

And compared to the past months, it fell on a hectic day.

I might sound to be ranting, well in a way yes. I guess the need to let out a thought comes once in a while lest it would consume one's energy. I think this day has been a productive one given the things I have accomplished; but I guess it's normal to perform a maintenance check. There are times despite accomplishing a lot of things in a day, I tend to question if what I have done is enough. But don't get me wrong. I may sound to be kidding when I say "I love this job" but in reality, I do. Of course, there are times that useless word called quit comes in my mind.

Yet, when I think of it, just comparing the pros and cons at present, the pros are greater and what I have now is better than those that I had in the past. From the schedule, the pay to the people I am working with.

There is a big difference.

And simply because of  one busy, hard-hitting day, I almost forgot to see how blessed I am to be in this field of work. Good thing I was able to control the negative thought. What slapped me awake was realizing that I'll be reaching my first year in just a month more. I've been in this race for this long and I'm almost in the verge of getting one of the many rewards to quit! If I decide to quit, it's like I flushed all my hard-earned efforts in the toilet.

That will be the most stupid decision to do. And I'm old enough to be that stupid. If I were in my early 20's and just in my first job, that will be acceptable. But I am no longer in any of those two situations.

Stick to the fight when you're hardest hit. Rest if you must, but don't you quit!


0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.