Hello, Goodbye

This title's got some similarity with other people's blogs but then I suppose this is the most appropriate one to use today. And as I type these words down, I am contemplating on matters related to a new chapter in my life that will begin in a matter of days.

Leaving is necessary to a new beginning.

My documents now are almost complete. Last night, when I took hold of MMLDC Highlights, there was a loud sigh that was just too hard to let out. And it dawned on me that after four and a half years. I'm off to bid the magazine goodbye. Prior to this writing, I had met my section editors in the morning as well as my other co-workers and co-teachers from where I worked in the past. The second quarter issue is still on the works and I am not sure if I will be able to see what I dub now as my farewell issue. I guess I won't be able to do so--read my final articles.

It was a painful decision that despite leaving with the well wishes of the people I knew and treasured working with, I am leaving a part of me that I really loved. Last night when I read the article that I wrote for the 10th anniversary issue, there was an urge to cry that I knew I wanted but I never did (however, it's happening right now).

Luigi Pimentel, a former colleague once told me that he hate goodbyes. I wanted to ask why back then but never did. Now I guess I know. Who would love it, right? I sure do feel the same way right now. But as time passed, I have been having realizations about the things that I've wanted to have and do: get a living, save up, go to graduate school and eventually move to Canada.

And I won't have it if I will not start doing something now.

Aside from partly bidding blogging, Facebook and Glee marathons au revoir for some time, I know that in order to move towards the realization of my plans, I've got to sacrifice some things; including giving up one of the things that I really love in exchange for something that is hopefully for the better.

I will be honest. I still have little fears. But quoting that wonderful line from the song Defying Gravity, there are some things I cannot change but 'till I try, I'll never know! And while I don't know yet how things are going to be when this new chapter begins, I keep on praying for what God deems to be meant for me.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.