This Date Last Year


I remember riding the cab to Ortigas -- SM Megamall to be exact. I was meeting someone for the first time in two years. Yes, I dated a colleague who I used to have a crush on. After three weeks, we decided that on this date, we shall meet. He picked me up at my happy place, another bookstore while I was jittery holding the book To Kill a Mockingbird. A book where, he later on confessed, his name was derived.

That day was the hardest for me -- in terms of telling my mom where am I going, the reason behind and the person I'll meet. But it was the best moment I ever had considering that I used to tag this person as "someone special".

It was a usual talk over coffee. Who would think that before we knew it, it was getting late, but we still managed to continue talking over dinner that night. But before you think more thoughts, the story never went far, for much of our beliefs are far and different (at least as I see it). The talks over coffee might not have led us to those sparks, butterflies and sleepless nights but I don't regret it. For me, I'd like to see it as an experience that's part of being an adult. That at a certain point, I met and was with someone who knows how to honor my choices, great and engaging at conversations and who knows how to make me cry -- out of laughter.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.