Second Quarter Wrap Up

It's the last day of the month. Next to posting a  life update few weeks ago, I thought of writing a follow up only because we are already done with the second quarter of the year, and today's the last month of June. 

Compared to my previous post, I'll try to keep this short and just let the photos speak on my behalf and tell you how my life has been from month 3 to 6 of 2022.


I was having issues with my blood pressure in the last two weeks of April so I decided to have it checked. While age could be among the factors, the temperature associated with summer was also to blame. After going through tests that all came out normal, I just keep medications handy for me to take only when needed.


A health scare like hypertension caused me to take fitness and exercise seriously. While I don't do hardcore workouts, I always do afternoon walks nowadays as doctors also advise that this counts as an acceptable form of fitness regimen. I do have an app on my phone to track the number of steps that I get to do in a day.
 

Electing a fresh batch of leaders to govern the country was also the highlight of my second quarter. And while the candidate that I voted for may not that be lucky, I don't have any regret with the choice I made -- in the same manner that I don't really give a fuck at people's opinions of my choice, including those who are mocking and making fun of me (to the extent of stalking my Facebook profile just to ridicule it on their comments) for supporting someone who I see to be someone worthy. Haters gonna hate. But there's a reason why the options "turn off commenting", "remove notification", "turn off notifications", and binge-worthy Kdramas were made.


Unexpected meetups and surprise reunions were also a highlight of my last three months. Just like when I saw my former adviser from my elementary days, Ms. Wawet San Felipe while waiting for my takeout order from a fastfood restaurant inside a mall. I don't know if it's just me, but I still get giddy seeing my former teachers (and professors too!). 


I don't limit the use of the word "reunions" to people because I tend to use it on significant places too. Just like what I did when I returned to URS Morong more than a week ago to make that first step in pursuing a meaningful endeavor which I hope will yield the result that I have been praying for.


As I mentioned in this post before, I decided to join a three-month internship program to upskill and acquire some knowledge related to processes involved in the functions of an HR department. Tomorrow marks my last day as an intern.


Speaking of endeavors, these days, I also find myself testing my skills in the kitchen on a number of occasions. Over the past few weeks, I would find myself whipping up a few simple dishes after looking at Google. From simple Singaporean breakfast to this popular Korean side dish, braised marble potatoes that my former officemate Mhea used to cook for us, cooking has been an activity that has been leaving me fulfilled lately. I know you'll say the recipes I'm picking is too easy, but then, isn't it that I need to begin somewhere? And that's what I am doing. Starting from what's easy and training myself from scratch.

So, that sums up the second quarter of my year. Tomorrow's going to be the start of a new month. I just hope that the six remaining months of my year will be productive, interesting, and hopefully, one that's filled of happy plot twists. 




0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.