Two Songs That Saved my Sanity

I say it saved my sanity because today, I (together with my immediate supervisor) was the only person in the project to report to the office for the scheduled mandatory rotation. I decided to get the slot for today since it's the last day of the work week.

What I did? Well, except for just one assignment that I finished thankfully before the day ended, I just sat there observing if in case the phone's going to ring -- which never happened as people are already on a holiday, and to eat lunch at McDonalds. But let me be clear, I'm not complaining. I'm actually thankful that I get to experience this kind of environment as this is positively different compared to what I previously had.

I know I'm supposed to be listening to Yuletide tunes as Christmas is just two days away. But I had to tweak it by listening to these songs. Funny but as I listen to it, I found some wonderful lines too!


Love is joy and love is pain
It's kissing in the rain
It's doing dishes when it's late
Isn't it, baby
It's the art of compromise
It's hellos and long goodbyes
It's the picture of our lives
I found this song after watching Jolina Magdangal and Mark Escueta's wedding video through my brother who is one of the cinematographers who worked on this project.


And all along I believed that I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I’ll love you for a thousand more
This one, I found while listening to the radio using my mobile phone in the middle of doing my research at the office this morning. And while it worked its magic in saving me from boredom, I just found myself memorizing the lines of the song at the end of the day.



0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.