In For Some Laughter



Among the things that I did after the one-week house arrest was to watch the movie The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin. I have been raging to watch this film and upon feeling better, off I trooped to SM Megamall Cinema 9 with my friend Beth; my constant movie date.

The story revolves around Benjamin Santos (played by Vice Ganda), who was forced to to enlist and join the army in behalf of his ailing father and save his grandfather from the hands of the terrorists threatening to dominate the country.

All seems to be well, if not for one thing -- Benjamin is gay!

Of course, I won't tell you what happened next. And while it's prohibited (as much as possible) to asthmatics to engage in too much laughter, I had to give in and laugh to my heart's content. Nothing still beats Vice Ganda's punch lines.

As to the moral of the story, I guess I can share at least two: 1) Being gay doesn't mean you can't contribute, or even do a heroic deed (I'm just wondering what runs in the mind of people in the military if they watched this); and 2) The best way to uncover someone's well-kept secret is by having a bottle or two of beer.

2 comments

  1. Hey Ria! Thanks for dropping by. Hope everyone there in JIRA is doing okay -- not to mention JIRA is no longer malfunctioning :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.