A Christmas Card for Dalton

To set a world record is this child's one wish. To some, this could be one out of whim endeavor. If not for one thing:

The little boy who hopes for it to happen only has days if not months to live.

While browsing news articles this morning, I came across the story of 9-year old Dalton Dingus. It was a story that was enough to bring me to tears. You see, this boy was given by his parents everything he wished for for Christmas. But his ultimate wish is that he live to break a Guinness record, and for a long, long time after that.  

To break a Guiness record, is this 9 year old's dying wish. Dylan is suffering from stage 4 cystic fibrosis and doctors had given up on him.

I know, Christmas was days ago. But when I read about this, realizing how people answered the call, I decided that I should do my share too -- after all, I knew I could do something. So before going home, I dropped by the bookstore and chose this card:



They did not give a deadline for sending the cards. But then, better late than never. Thankfully, the news article included Dalton's address. However, since the post office will be closed starting tomorrow until after New Year, I shall be asking my mom to mail this card for me. I had written a message in that card and I can't help but get teary-eyed as I jot the words.

More than being a part of Dalton's success in making it to the Guinness Book of Records, all I wanted was to fulfill a boy's simple wish in my own little way. Like what I have said, God also granted most of my wishes, and now that someone is asking for his own,  which I knew I could fulfill, I want to give it back. And I hope people too will continue to help him reach his goal.

It is my hope that my little contribution will make it to Dalton's door in time.

0 comments

Thank you for dropping by and taking a peak on my thoughts. This page is for your comments.